With millennials becoming the largest pool of potential job candidates, it is vital for recruitment companies to stay on top of changing industry trends, employee desires, and how to retain top talent. Here’s what you need to know about how to keep your workers on board.
Why Retention is Important
Many employers don’t understand the importance of employee retention. Most important, it cuts back on costly employee turnover. Each time a worker leaves your company, you lose hiring investment plus training, benefits, and time, depending on how long it takes you to fill the position again.
Retaining employees also reduces inconsistencies in your company’s performance. If your employees stay where they are, you don’t have to worry about increasing the workload on other team members while the new addition is being trained.
Tips for Retention
It’s easier than you may think to turn your workplace into somewhere worth staying. Our top tips for employee retention are:
- Create room for advancement. People don’t want to stay with positions that feel like dead-end jobs. Give employees room to plan for their future by providing opportunities for promotions and raises.
- Be flexible. More and more companies are offering alternative work solutions. Traveling and telecommuting are very important in this increasingly millennial workforce, where employees want to create harmony between their careers and lives at home.
- Make them feel heard. Few things push good employees away from a job more quickly than feelings of being ignored or unsupported. Always create opportunities for employees to share feedback. More important, listen to what they’re saying and work to find a solution. When they feel they’re making a difference, they’ll be more eager to offer input in the future.
- Be clear about company beliefs and goals. When workers feel as though they know your brand more intimately, they’ll be more passionate about sticking around to watch your progress.
- Hire the right employees in the first place. Selecting people who match your company goals ensures better retention.
A recruiting agent can help bring motivated, long-lasting employees right to your company. If you’re interested in seeing how we can help, give Jarvi Group a call today.